Thursday, October 21, 2010

57 Days & Counting!

Have I really neglected this blog for that long? Shame on me... Elder Udall will be home is 57 days! Whose counting though? Oh wait I am. {Yes I made a chain and it is hanging in my room} December 21 we'll be home. Yes I do mean we'll because my dad and I are traveling to South Korea! I'm very excited! My dad's trying to brush up on his Korea so he can talk to people :) but 33 years is a long time so we'll see how that works out. Haha Here are some recent pics from the mish. He's doing great! Eric is in a little town called Taebaek. He's been there for a while now. He was made District Leader about a month ago and is the first counselor in the Branch Presidency. The Branch President was in Seoul for a good month having surgery so Eric was in charge! He's so amazing :)South Korea is beautiful!
Watching Conference. Elder Romero & Elder Udall.
"My 2 girlfriends. They come to English class with their Mom and the fam treated us to a delicious expensive meat lunch on Saturday. They are sooo cute!"
"Team Gangneung zone! Wednesday was the {Korean Thanksgiving} holiday and there was barely anyone on the streets. Pretty crazy for a city of 12 million people. The whole mission played socceer instead! Us in the "countryside" ordered matching jerseys and they were sweet! I felt really cool walking around in them. People gave us looks like we were famous soccer players or something haha. So we played hardcore for 3 hours then finished with a little ultimate frisbee. Soccer really is fun. Too bad AZians ddon't like it. If we lived somewhere with grass I probably would have played it. Anyway we ate Mcdonald's then went to a bath house. Sideote- right after email time me and vezzani {companion at the time} are going again hehe. They are fun.
The only downside to 3 hours of hardcore soccer is that the following 3 days I couldn't walk. My calfs have never hurt this bad. I feel like a 100 year old man, walking slowing one step at a time down stairs and such. Also we got back to Taebaek on thursday morning and I took a 4 hour nap. It's ok, Thursday was another day we were told to stay inside. But I'm feeling better today."
"Action shot! Look at me go!"

1 comment: